Who We Are
At the Northeast Iowa Peace and Justice Center we are an issues oriented, non-partisan, non-profit corporation. We work in areas that require our attention in order to increase civic engagement so that we can Improve the quality of life in our communities.
We Currently have four active interest groups:
- Peace Issues
- Social Justice
Each of these groups meets periodically to share and learn in order to take local action that affects these national and international issues and supports positive change.
Respecting and promoting the dignity and well-being of every human being and the earth we live on;
For those in physical, emotional, financial, spiritual need; to seek out and serve the most vulnerable;
Organizing individual, groups and communities to address conflict and systemic, structural, institutional injustice that creates or compounds human suffering, locally and globally.
NE Iowa Peace & Justice Center activities include:
- Coordination of interfaith peace, compassion and justice initiatives
- Intake and referrals to community service providers
- Non-partisan social justice research and education
- Human rights education and advocacy
- Meeting space for affiliated groups: PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), Overeaters Anonymous, Social, Environmental and Economic Justice, People’s Time Exchange, Wooden Spoon Film Series: Documentaries on core issues of war and peace, energy conservation and sustainability.
How would you like to be involved?
Contact the Peace & Justice Center at:
Find us on Facebook! NE Iowa Peace & Justice Center, Inc
Hours: M-F 10am- 3pm
119 Winnebago Street, Decorah, Iowa 52101