Helping You Help Others
The NEIPJC operates based on the time of it’s amazing volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, there are a number of programs that you can help out with at the Center.
If you have a program that you would like to initiate; we can help you by offering a space to meet, avenues to advertise, and assistance with ideas.
Please see our Current Events page to see about ongoing volunteer programs and projects!
If you have no particular program in mind, we have many office volunteer needs. We are a Retired Senior Volunteer Program site (RSVP). That means if you volunteer at our Center, you accrue volunteer hours in the RSVP program. If you have another skill to share, please stop by M-F, 10am-3pm to discus your ideas with us.
There are a number of other opportunities right here in the office that are non-program related that we always are looking for help with.
- Sort Seeds for Seed Saver’s Herman’s Gardens Project
- Translate for Spanish Speakers
- Write thank you notes to donors
- Filing and organizing
- Lunch time receptionist duties- answer the phone, take messages, show the office while our Administrative Assistant is out
- Develop issue or project file of things of interest to the volunteer
- Distribute brochures, fliers and posters around the 4-county area
- Volunteer special skills, ie: writing, research, lobbying, hosting, organizing, contracting carpentry, design/decoration, web/IT skills, publishing skills, marketing.
- Researching grant funding sources
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering